smart ARTS is an annual youth arts and cultural event showcasing the artistic talents & creative initiatives of young people aged 15-26yrs.
Held during National Youth Week (4 – 13 April, 2014), smart ARTS presents a range of cutting edge arts & cultural events over a 7 day arts festival. smart ARTS is not only loads of fun, but provides young people with a unique creative opportunity to learn new skills, network, collaborate and celebrate the vibrancy of youth arts! The 7 day program will incorporate an art exhibition, free workshops, a networking event, parlor games & a launch party, showcasing visual arts, live music, performance & film. Come along & celebrate youth at smart ARTS – an event created for young people, by young people!
We are now calling out for visual artists aged 15-26yrs to be a part of the smart ARTS exhibition!
Click here for an application form: smart ARTS 2014_Exhibition _application form
Join us for our FREE ART-COLLAB Workshops!
12 Feb – 2 April
RSVP is essential to: email@example.com
Watch this space for the full smart ARTS 2014 Program!
Join us for the following amazing FREE events during smart ARTS 2014:
- Smart ARTS Launch Party: 4 April
- Free Art Workshops: 7, 9 & 12 April
- Parlour Games – Let’s Doodle!: 8 April
- Creative Pros – Speed Networking for Young Artists: 10 April
- Smart ARTS exhibition: 4 – 26 April
Some events require an RSVP, so please visit our webpage for more info:
Aims and Objectives
- To showcase the diverse creative talents of young people in Sydney
- To provide a forum for young people to express themselves and inspire each other through creative mediums.
- To provide an opportunity for young creative people to collaborate on artistic projects
- To celebrate the nature, diversity and vibrancy of ‘youth’
- To assist young people to form networks & industry contacts in the arts, entertainment, and events industries.
- To provide a culturally enriching youth festival that engages young people and provides
Volunteer Events Coordinators
smart ARTS is an arts event held for young people by young people, with up 30 young volunteers involved in organising the festival each year. We want YOU to be part of smart ARTS! Each year we call out for 15 – 26 year olds wanting to hit the ground running and become volunteer event coordinators and help other young people like yourself.
This is a genuine opportunity to get real hands on experience in coordinating an amazing and fun event for young people. Concerned about not having enough experience? Don’t worry! There will be mentors and qualified staff to guide and assist you along the way. If you are interested in PR, advertising, events planning and management, stage management, web design, art, music, photography or film, then smart ARTS is for you!
To jump on board or find out more, please email Christie or call 9245 1520